Thursday, August 14, 2014

First Day of Third Grade

I remember when Tyler was a baby, people telling me how quickly they grow up and to cherish every day.  In the midst of exhaustion and fear of having a sick baby, those words went in one ear and out the other.  But now, I get it.  It seems like just yesterday she was starting her first day of preschool and I drove away from Montessori of Plainfield, balling like a baby.  Feels like I blinked and five years passed.  Today is the first day of Third Grade!  She's thrilled about all of it- her new teacher, new classroom, new gym teacher, new grading scale (actual A's, B's...), the honors program - and the list of exciting things goes on.  I can only hope that her first day of school is always met with a feeling of excitment about the new challenges that await her.  

I didn't cry today (which is pretty amazing for me), but I am certainly reflecting about how quickly my baby is growing up and how proud I am of her.  I love this kid.









No comments: